Saturday, July 2, 2011

Update for June

I got some seats from eBay last weekend. They are from a later 1500 as they had the wires for the seatbelt sensor. Sadly I didn't wind the headrests and the seller is keeping the sliding frame so I will need to find frames by the time they are ready to fit.
They are in pretty poor shape but for less than £5 I am well happy with them.
Here they are after I removed the foams and covers, I think I can re-use the foams (just) but the covers although real leather, are just to far gone.
I will unpick the stiching and use the pieces as templates.
The passenger fram was bent out of true and the horizontal bar accross the back rest had also come away on one side.
With a little inginuity, the 4 post ramp and my weight I was able to rectify this and a club member was on hand to do a little gas weld for me. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment