Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hardtop Trial Fit

I decided it was time to trial fit yesterday so I could a) assess the alignments of both the roof and the car and b) whether or not to continue with it.
You can see from the next 3 photos that my windscreen is about 1 inch out on the drivers side and 1/2 inch out on the passenger side, either my roof is twisted or the car is and  the bulkhead/windscreen has retracted a little or more likely, a combination of both.


I managed to get it fitted by sitting in the car and using my foot against the a pillar to push whilst pulling the front of the roof down. I think I may need some spacers under the tub and once I figure where I will have a go at that.

At least I now know that it will fit the car so can continue with the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment